1. Craft fairs. I’ve been to two great ones recently, Bazaar Bizarre at the Larchmere Street Festival and the Cleveland Craft Coalition‘s show today at River Colors Studio/Blackbird Baking Company. Many wonderful things were found and purchased at each, but I will post merely a picture of the Hands and Notions Yarn I picked up at Bazaar Bizarre. It didn’t have a name,* but it reminds me of the colors in a stalk of rhubarb.
Shannon said this yarn would make me cry. It was all so pretty, I was nearly moved to tears by having to leave the rest behind.
2. Birds taking baths. There is something supercute about this to me. Some sparrows were taking a bath in a puddle on my driveway just now, but I wasn’t quick enough with the camera.
3. Sock yarn in general. I have been knitting socks like crazy! Suddenly, I love socks again! And so, I had to buy some of Jeanne‘s yarn at her trunk show today. Again, I could have come home with one of each, but I was the model of restraint.
Jeanne’s yarn is so beautiful online, but it is beyond gorgeous in person. Out-of-towners, buy with impunity, you will not be disappointed.
4. Being employed. Sort of. I both mean that I am sort of employed, and that I am sort of happy about it. I am working as a temp lawyer (yay, money!) doing electronic document review (boo, eyes that feel like they’re bleeding!) full-time (yay!) but possibly only through next week (boo!). In general, though, my feeling about this job is grateful.
5. Knitting socks! Did I mention this already? I heart socks! Here’s a pair that I’ve been working on in Panda Cotton, which I also love. The pattern is Kaiso, in the truly awesome book, Knitted Socks East and West.